top of page
- Sat, Dec 10La FargeOur fast-paced automobile society kills countless animals every day. We can work to honor these losses and receive many gifts by learning to assess and use these animals.
- Wed, Nov 23La FargeCome learn the ancient art of starting fire with only what the forest provides (and maybe a little paracord to begin with). An introduction to making fire with a bow-drill set, come to learn and make a set, but leave prepared to do a lot of practicing!
- Wed, Nov 09Kickapoo Valley ReserveMany of our animal neighbors undergo big behavioral changes in fall. From migrating to stockpiling to home building. many strategies come into play as winter approaches. Come seek signs of these behaviors and more in this outing.
- Wed, Oct 26La FargeOur landscape is full of quality fibers if you know where and when to look and how to process them. Explore our local fibers and make some useful cord and rope.
- Wed, Oct 05Kickapoo Valley ReserveAn enjoyable exploration of tracking for beginners. Come delve into the magical world of tracks, their makers, and the stories they tell!
- Sat, Sep 24Location is TBDCertified tracking evaluator Matt Nelson will conduct a Track and Sign Evaluation in our area of the Driftless Region. Participants will be evaluated on about 50 questions on track and sign in the environment and scenarios will be discussed making for a great educational experience also.
- Sat, Apr 30WildRoots HomesteadTogether we will explore the greening woods, meadows, and stream sides seeking the flavors and nourishment of the plant world of Spring. We will encounter roots, greens, and blossoms that we can sniff, nibble, and collect to add to some wild cooking over a fire. Ages: 7-11 See below for details
- Sat, Apr 23WildRoots HomesteadWith intention of giving honor to the Deer we will spend our day focused on creating pouches from their skins. We will connect our hearts and our hands and learn about creating patterns, stitches, and the tools that help. Ages: 7-11 See below for more details.
- Sat, Mar 26WildRoots HomesteadThe Basswood tree is a beautiful and generous tree of the Forest. Its many gifts have been celebrated and depended upon by Northern peoples for many generations. This will be a day of learning and sharing of these gifts. Ages: 7-11 See below for more details.
- Wed, Mar 16Kickapoo Valley ReserveThis adult program in tracking, nature observation, outdoor skills, local ecology, plant knowledge and acclimation to our local wild landscape will span the spring and bring new awareness and connection to your life. Please see all further details on this 10 session program in the full write-up.
bottom of page